Prestige Moving & Storage, Allied Van Lines, is taking extreme measures to ensure the safety of the customers, consultants and crews.
Here is a (lengthy) statement regarding the precautions we will be taking going forward:
- If anyone in the home is exhibiting any signs of illness or has been sick in the previous 14 days, it will be necessary to reschedule the services until such time as there has been at least 14 days from last sign of illness.
- If the driver or crew encounter anyone at residence that is, in their sole judgment, exhibiting signs of illness, they will not enter the home, and service will be postponed.
- If anyone in the home is in a high-risk category including older adults, or individuals with serious underlying chronic medical conditions such as heart or lung disease or diabetes, it may be prudent to reschedule the services to avoid unnecessary interactions.
- Please instruct customer to open all doors to all rooms in the home, including closet doors, basement doors etc.
- Avoid common habits when greeting people, such as handshakes and all forms of physical contact.
- Practice physical distancing by maintaining at least 6 feet of space between yourself and others.
- Bring soap to jobsite.
- Wash hands often with soap for at least 20 seconds per washing. If soap and water are not available use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- For extended work within the home ask the customer to direct you to a sink that you and your team can use to wash hands during the job.
- Wash hands often and regularly.
- Avoid touching your face, nose, eyes etc.
- Do your very best to not touch anything unnecessarily while in residence, including doorknobs, etc.
- Rely more on photos and fewer written notes, where you might need to be leaning on a surface to write.
- All staff visitors are confined to the entrance of our facility both in the office and the warehouse with strict posting and procedures starting with mask wearing and temperature taking before moving beyond the entrance
- We provide mobile hand sanitizer stations throughout the facility as needed and for the crews to take to the job site and use as needed
All staff including office and crews have their temperatures taken at the start of every day to confirm that there is no high temperatures to put anyone at risk for the work that will be done that day.
We are still operating as usual for the time being. If you are interested in a virtual estimate, call us today at (503) 683-7259 or fill out a quote form on the website! Most importantly, stay safe during these uncertain times!