You chose a career in tech, and now you’re ready to put your experience to work and take a position at one of the country’s top tech companies. There was a time when that meant moving to Silicon Valley, but so many prestigious tech companies now have a presence in Austin that it’s been dubbed Silicon Hills.
Moving from Portland to Austin for job opportunities in the tech field is an attractive option for many reasons, and the city lands on many “best places to live” lists. It’s a great place for families, couples, and singles, and offers something for every interest from history to outdoor activities.
And, of course, there are the jobs.
Some of the tech companies in Austin are:
- Adobe: With a large office in Austin, this software giant, creator of the Adobe creative products, offers many job opportunities.
- Dell: Dell has offices in Austin and Round Rock, which is about 20 miles from Austin. They develop computers and accessories and have employees all over the world.
- IBM: Founded more than 100 years ago, tech developed by IBM helped to put man on the moon, and they continue to stay on the leading edge by investing $6 billion a year in research and development.
- Tesla: The maker of the world’s fastest electric car, the Roadster, has a presence in Austin, which is exciting news for anyone who’d love to work for this fast-growing company.
- Apple: Apple has long offered jobs in Austin, but soon there will be many more jobs. Their new 3-million-square-foot campus will open in 2022 and will have the ability to grow to house 15,000 employees.
- Oracle: Originally called Software Development Laboratories, one of the company’s first big project was a job for the CIA—code name Oracle. Since 2020, the software giant has been headquartered in Austin.
- Paypal: Paypal offers online payment services in most countries that have the ability for online money transfers. IN 2007, the company opened a data service office in Austin.
Living In—Or Outside of—Austin
If you’re more a fan of suburbs than big cities, you’ll have plenty of options near Austin, all offering an easy commute. Nearby suburbs include:
- Round Rock
- Cedar Park
- San Marcos
Of course, once you land your dream job, you’ll need help making your move, and Prestige Moving & Storage is a trusted choice. As an Allied Van Lines agent, we have access to top moving professionals from coast to coast. We provide reliable, competitively-priced services, so you can enjoy a hassle-free move!
Call Prestige Moving & Storage today to learn more about our Portland to Austin Movers and services, or fill out our online form now to schedule a no-cost, no-obligation consultation with a relocation specialist.